Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

From Mache to London (part IV) Manchester

11:42 PM Ellie 0 Comments Category :

24 December 2008

After nearly 7 hours in the National Express Bus headed to Manchester…finally we were here. It was 4.30 a.m…we wandered around the station; Chorlton Station, which is located near to Piccadilly Garden. We saw a few Malaysian boys from Glasgow, I presumed they were here to visit friends and I heard a commotion of going to Old Trafford and Manchester United…ermm…that put smile on my face…at that time I wish that I can turn back the clock, how I wish I was brilliant in school, further my study in UK for my degree and surely had visited places beyond my imagination…. Dreaming again!!!!





It was 5.30 in the morning when we reached Kak Mariam’s house. At first we quite reluctant to go to her house but her sincerity really begging us to stop by before we checked in into our Travelodge in Greater Manchester…located at Black Friars. We really did not know how to thanks her, we were really touched by her hospitality…made us breakfast quite early in the morning and lunch too. We can offer u doa akak….hope you will do well for your PhD in Manchester University. (how I wish that I have taken a photo of you together with your husband and Aniq)


With all-day ride ticket which cost us 3 pound, we took first bus, no 34, Magic Bus hehehe… to Piccadilly Garden. Along the way we passed through University of Manchester and Manchester Metropolitan University, so peculiar to see university in the city…unlike Malaysia, the universities located quite remote… In the bus, we saw a lot of Asians in the bus, so it was not strange to see Thailand restaurant, Pakistanis (Shiraz Restaurant) or Lebanese restaurant here. It is quite easy to find halal food unlike other cities in UK. After 15 minute, we reached Piccadilly Garden (sort of Bangkok Bank in KL) where we took other bus, Stage Coach to Old Trafford. After 20 minute, we reached Old Trafford together with few Chinese lads…




I was astounding with the view….it was my dream to set my foot here…so today on the eve of Christmas, I was in Old Trafford!!! At that time I just wish that the time will freeze and stop…I know this moment of my life will not emulate itself so let me enjoy this….

To join the museum and stadium tour we needed to pay 12 pound each, which we had booked earlier via Internet. We snapped few photos inside museum due to our late arrival…the tour was about to start and we quite in hurry to chase the pack….hehehe… For about one hour tour, we had a chance to enter the stadium but not the turf….then visited players’ lounge, changing room, home team and away team sitting in OT, Munich remembrance (which is stored in my mind and having listened to the anecdote from the tour guide felt that I am a part of history…hehehe….) and lastly to the Megastore……. At that time I wish (always wish) I brought more pound to UK to buy merchandise, jerseys, memorabilia….errr….but I settled with only 5 items, 2 shirts, fridge magnet and 3 magazines…oklah…then it was sad time to say goodbye to Old Trafford..all good things must come to an end...again I wish that one fine day I can watch United in action here…just once in my life !! Seriously I dont know when i am here again...huk..huk..huk...



Then, we decided to go to factory outlet in Manchester, hoping to buy perhaps a pair of Adidas or Clark and Nike/Adidas shirt for a bargain… However, our search was in vain so we headed to Self Fridges….it was huge with so many Britons did last minute shopping for Christmas. For your information Self Fridges is very popular mall in UK like The Store hehehe….found in every state in UK and Mark & Spencer sort of Maidin in Malaysia…hihihi…If you read novel mentioned about UK especially from Sophie Kinsella (shopaholic series) you will notice Self fridges….

Then we quite rushed to go back especially we did not want to miss our prayer time, after we prayed and having lunch at Kak Mariam’s house, we headed to our Travelodge which neither all of us know where it is….We were really blessed to have another fellow Malaysians who I have known less than 24 hours to help us here….Kak Mariam and her hubby also their son Aniq wandered around city of Manchester asking cabby driver the exact location of our Travelodge…tq for your time guys…

So we will be here for another 2 days, celebrate Xmas here (tak pun) on 25 and Boxing Day on 26 December before headed back to Bristol to catch our flight to Paris, France….


To be continued….in meantime just enjoys the photos here……

RELATED POSTS

0 comments