Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Confession of Shopaholic

2:58 PM Ellie 0 Comments Category :



Last night after 2 weeks, finally managed to watch Confession of Shopaholic…the longest postponed I ever made when it involved a movie though, not something else…huhuhu…..

The story based from the novel by Sophie Kinsella (The Secret dream world of shopaholic), the novel which I read 3 years ago…ermmmm….The movies I might say not 100% adapted from the storyline, of course, it should be different just to make sure that it sounds American, to have the witty and humor element….rather than having a dry Brit humour…hehehehe

I did enjoy watching the hilarious, vivacious, humorous, adamant Becky (Rebecca Bloomwood) a kind of exactly the character stated in the novel….I did adore the portray of Luke Brandon… kind, workaholic and nerd man…I’m fine with the movies…3 stars..

The only sour note from an otherwise an entertaining 2 hours was the set. In the novel, the actual venue was in UK; Fulham, Southampton, but, startle, it took place in New York, US…………….Rebecca, Suze and all spoken in US accent except for Luke..sigh…I would love to see WH Smith, Boots, Selfridges, Pratt a Manger and even Harrolds but to my bewilderment those were missing!!!


Given a choice I would spend my time browsing and flipping pages rather than 2 hours with the remote control..hehehe….

Nevertheless I do enjoy myself, at least can bright me up from disconsolate life phase which compel me to go through now….sigh....

RELATED POSTS

0 comments