Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

From Mache to London (part II)

9:57 AM Ellie 0 Comments Category :

After grueling journey, yeah considering that I have to seat beside a giant Arabic man in the flight and bored movies selection, I finally here…in London!!! Upon arrival, it was 9.15 pm local time, I have a mixed felling, one minute I was scared, the other I felt my heart beating it out loud, the other I just wanted to pinch myself many times…it is Heathrow and this is London my favorite city. But first I need to pass this hurdle, I am more than ready, once I am in front of him I talked flawlessly, I can say with British ascent, the sound of my voice trembling in couple of times though to convince him of what the journey is to me, I am not a beggar, I am not going to stay here more than 6 months (but deep in my heart I hope the fact will change…I could stay under the dependent section in the visa…dreaming again huh..) and after 15 minute of interrogated the man with UK Borders on the sleeve let me in and stamped my passport….wallah!!! I am in UK..officially!!! I dashed to the arrival door wanting to see a face which I miss for long…hehehehe...I just could not believe it, the history is about to write itself, gracious to Him, Allah for make it true, for His blessing and new chapter of my life begins here...........


In England, the transportation system is superb, so if you use public transportation especially bus, please be extra careful to know which station you are heading to, either to the depart area and arrival area….and please make sure you take the bus at the right place and route, not all buses stop at the same place like Malaysia. So from Victoria station we took bus no 20 to Liverpool Street. Even how much I hate to utter the streets name, still I need to say that here I have done a hell of shopping!!! A part of Camden Street ( which I don’t have the idea where) Liverpool Street is quite popular among the local especially for black people and Asian. The street is similar to Petaling Streets in Malaysia, you can bargain your item and the price of selected jumper, shirts, pants start from 1 pound. I enjoyed my Sunday morning strolled and bargained for London shirt which I spend around 40 pound…ermmm… I just wanted to shop and shop and little did I realize how bad to put all these shirts in the luggage later hihihihi…


On the way back to Victoria Station, we accidentally took a wrong bus and wrong route so we ended up at London Bridge…hehehe…we are strangers who lost ourselves in a strange country…though we have to run here and there elsewhere to get to the right bus but we enjoyed the moment with heavy begs on our back. London scenery is awesome; the weather is kind to us (unlike Paris), the walking killing my legs, not my patient though hahahha, and I was catching up the breath for about 30 minutes to finally see ourselves on the right bus!!!



In England, during winter the time is rather short, so 4 pm in the evening it is already dark, so we have to be hurry not to miss prayer time especially zohor and asar prayer. Allah is really the Greatest, so He allows the followers to jamak and qasar the prayers. If you live abroad, you can be too distant from Allah or closer to Him, why?? Because it is hard to perform prayers if you are not determine,…imagine this, there is no proper place so called surau let alone small room in the stations, unlike Malaysia where mosques and surau are plenty with hardly enough number to have jemaah prayers. In England, not only you have to pray in any places available, you must as well bring a bottle of mineral water not to satisfy your thirst but to enable you for your wash and ablution The fact that the toilet there only have tissues so you cannot imagine your life without water…hehehe..either to throw the water or to have a water…hehehe…so like I said some Muslims may not keen to perform the no 1 obligation due to the hardship…..for those Muslims in Malaysia, if you fail to pray you should put yourself in the hall of shame!!



The journey from London to Bristol is for about 2 hours with National Express Bus, the bus…what can I say about the bus…ermm..let me highlight the differences lie, all passengers must queue up, that is normal but bizarre when you have to queue before putting your luggage onto the bus, the driver will check your ticket and separate your luggage into the correct place…Caution!! You cannot pass your queue!!! It is too weird to do so…. do you want to be called uncivilized people?? I bet I don’t want to carry that label…Then, it is compulsory to buckle up, you will be penalized if fail to do so..ermmm…then the seat..how about it?? Along the way I have a backache, not because of its comfy seat but I cannot adjust it down unlike Malaysia bus..and to make the matter bad…not worse though the heater is near to your ankle….do not put your leg there, you must burn yourself hahahha….it is not air conditioner mind you..it is a heater!!..The bus was too hot, I sweat along the way, with 2 pieces on me, that remind me of mini bus in Malaysia…ermm..am I starting to nag about the journey? No absolutely not!!! Not in a tiny microscopic thought and feeling!!! Hehehehe….


We reached 9 pm at Mall Borough Station, Bristol….it was too dark, and we took a taxi to my first proper place to sleep in UK. Upon arrival yesterday, I spent a night in Heathrow so now in Bristol I finally reached at Meridian Place, Clifton, a place I am longing to come. Tomorrow, I will fly to Edinburgh, Scotland….so after dinner, packed my things for 5 days away from home (my home ???), packed some food and then hiding, laying myself under the tempting duvet…..zzzzzzz…..




TO BE CONTINUED!!!

RELATED POSTS

0 comments