Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Bah (1)

4:49 PM Ellie 0 Comments Category : ,


Towards the end of last year, a devastated thing happened in the East Coast of peninsular Malaysia....meaning that it also involved my state Kelantan. It was a week of terrifying! Looking at the photos taken aftermath...I conclude that a catastrophic tragedy ...massive numbers of property lost, houses ruined and hundreds over drifted away, changes in landscapes and to the extent of geographical topology  and certainly lost of life!  

For us in Kelantan, facing water rising is common...especially towards the end of the year! It is usual sight to see young children swimming with buoy in front of the house. It has become a normal activity for some of the teenagers pedaling the small boat moving around the village. For adult man, the usual spot is no longer available to have a cuppa so their early morning would be filled up with trawling the fish using fishnet. If they are lucky enough, they will get a handful of different fish stuck at the net and very unfortunate to get other uninvited reptiles. huhuhuh..

This time the the monsoon raining season was different. The heavy downpour had not only flooded  the drains, the low areas,  the dams, the small rivers but it beyond what mankind could imagine. The whole high areas were inundated with waters...only waters. The fierce water flows had swept away many houses, ruined a lot of buildings, cars, motorcycles. crops, animals and certainly many souls. Leaving us with only beams, pillars, floor, stair, 3 feet muddy, tears, agony, trauma.....  Those are trial and tribulation from Him...already stated as Qadr. 

My family and I were the chosen one by Allah to receive this gift. I would  call it a gift rather than a punishment. It is a gift to nurture my heart to be stronger, to believe in His plan. It is a bless to find a strength in the midst of seeing the damages properties in my house especially the piles of books,  novels and few important documents covered by thick mud. 

Looking back on the day 25th December 2014, my mother, my nephews and some of the relatives were given a  courage to ride a fast boat leaving  our cribs using a boat. At that time, the water had submerged the kitchen.  My mother left behind her house for the first time in her life,,.with only hope to see it again soon..a cribs  laden with many memories for us.  

Alhamdulillah we still have the chance to create more memories before another call to leave it for eternity. Unlike some of them in Kuala Krai and Gua Musang, we still have a house to clean, a roof to protect us from rain, a creaking  floor to bow only to Him, a bed to sleep and a kitchen to cook. Alhamdulillah...my mother's house was not badly effected. The flood only hit the kitchen area, the lowest in the house. As for my own house, the water was quite high but I keep reminding myself that I still have a crib. What important is to count the blessing. I have a strong conviction that whatever had taken from me Allah knows it and He will substitute it! 

Numerous things that I have learnt from this bah...people call it yellow flood or Bah Kuning! The fierce water could only drifted the structure of the house, the beam...but it will never ruin the pillars to believe in Allah. The pillars of solat and sabar! It is remain in our heart! 

 I have been endowed with boxes of gift from this bah and I shall share my thoughts in the second part of the entry.... 

RELATED POSTS

0 comments