Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Questions...

12:04 PM Ellie 0 Comments Category :

Most of the time I feel dreadful to write this entry….not only dreadful, also anguish and enrage…..

X: Why do you become a teacher?
(I always receive this question)

Me: “Why not?” (Usual reply)

In my own silent moment I can hear this lullaby over and over again in my ears. Yaa….I keep asking this question myself too……..

X: Is that the status and privilege?

Me: Status?? Are u kidding me?? Am not a university lecturer let alone a doctor, professors in university….that is a league that too far to reach…

Is that a high status if it confine for the institution meant for third grades, nearly drop out from school? I would not consider it a high status at all. Countless class, uncountable students, lousy attitude, silver spoon feed and the list is too long to be mentioned….sigh!

Privilege?? What do I get as a teacher? My own room emblazons with my name at the door? The fact speaks…many parties even KPT snubs us….for some people we are only teacher to the third class pupil, hence am a third class teacher.

X: Is that the salary? Fringe benefits?

Me: Am I laughing all the way to the bank every month? Smirk. (My usual reply)

This one I scratch my head….I found it groundless unless if you are greedy academician, hired by your own friends’ consortium, demanded how much you want, swallowed and maximized your fat belly and suddenly you uttered the words “Our business is education”!!! Your words and performance deserved standing ovation!! F***ing Crap!!!

Everybody knows that being a third grade teacher will not entitle you to get a better salary. Even to my bewilderment my critical allowance was cut. So that is the price I need to pay as teacher who already produce hundred over graduates contributing in this country. They are not doctors, saving lives and doing experiment in lab (those so called high flying job) but hell, they know how to fix your light, fix your electronic gadget so that no more dirty laundry, built your spacious mansions and make your car on road again. Enuff said!!

X: Is that an easy job to do with a good payment?

Me Easy? Watch out your mouth!!
That is why people suddenly change to the new leaf to be a lecturer, to entitle better salary scheme and consider this job as easy? A lot to ponder here!!

Who said that being a teacher is easy? My job isn’t 8-1, it is 8-5 job, or even more….To nurture individual to be a jewel aint easy…picked them, identify their potential, let them know their strength, guide them to make mistakes and polish their potential. Along the way I failed, cracked under pressure, yelled my heart out and frustrated to see them become the victims of their own foolishness.

Is that easy? Please become one and you will know how pain-staking the process is.

My answer to all this question is simple….I may not receive a salary that parallel with my qualification and my past agony. I may not entitle to whatever privilege and high status enjoyed by many lecturers in public universities in other KPT wing. I will always be considered and treated as third class teacher ….

One thing I know ……….I am a teacher because I know I have the inborn talent, capacity and ability to be one. Regardless of what people think about me, I believe my teaching is fun and simple and surely aspired my students...

Am I answering your question? Am I made myself clear?

Smirk!!!

RELATED POSTS

0 comments