Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

HOPE

10:44 AM Ellie 0 Comments Category :

What will you do when you feel down? Read? Eat? Sing?? Sleep? Movies? For me I tick all these....
Minggu lepas sambil2 marking aku tengok satu great movies....Filem ni dah lama, year 1994 (aku kat univ, matriculation). Apa yg best sangat filem nih?? It is about hope....actually nih adalah kali yg ke 3 aku tengok movie nih, tengok nih pun via U-tubed..

The story based on Stephen King's novel (which until today aku tak jupe2 lagik kat bookstore), title 'Shawshank Redemption'. Among the castings, Tim Robbins and Morgan Freeman (I love his acting also in Seven with Brad Pitt and Million Dollar Baby with Mr Clint Eatwood)..


Shawshank Redemption is the name of the prison, Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) convicted as murderer (he killed his unfaithful wife...tapi sebenarnya dia tak pull the trigger pun, somebody else did) but he ended himself in prison...he was a banker, brilliant one. Imagine lah camner dia tolong officers kat penjara tuh for financial assistant,esp children education funds, taxes..In that prison, Andy berkawan dengan Red (Morgan Freemana, narrator in this film), Red the one that helped him to get the old rock hammer. Masa first time tengok citer nih aku dah agak dia akan escape (macam prison break lah nih...aku agak Prison break tiru citer nih lah)....tapi Andy memang sabar, sbb lamanya dia pecah kan dinding penjara tuh...rasanya 19 years, every night and nobody noticed his plan including Red.

The spirit of hope mmg tebal dalam filem nih...dia never give up antar surat 2 kali seminggu to ask for tax money to have more books and proper library for prisoners. All his works paid off, and Shawshank terkenal as having good library at that time as compared to other prisons. He was not only a librarian and and teacher (he taught prisones to pass school certificate and also the financial assistant to Mr Norton (cruel warden)....

here are my favourite quotes ;

Andy Dufresne: Forget that... there are places in this world that aren't made out of stone. That there's something inside... that they can't get to, that they can't touch. That's yours.
Red: What're you talking about?
Andy Dufresne: Hope.
Red: Let me tell you something my friend. Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane.

Red: [narrating] In 1966, Andy Dufresne escaped from Shawshank prison. All they found of him was a muddy set of prison clothes, a bar of soap, and an old rock hammer, damn near worn down to the nub. I used to think it would take six-hundred years to tunnel under the wall with it. Old Andy did it in less than twenty. Oh, Andy loved geology. I guess it appealed to his meticulous nature. An ice age here, million years of mountain building there. Geology is the study of pressure and time. That's all it takes really, pressure, and time. That, and a big god-damned poster. Like I said, in prison a man will do anything to keep his mind occupied. It turns out Andy's favorite hobby was totin' his wall through the exercise yard, a handful at a time. I guess after Tommy was killed, he decided he had been here just about long enough. Andy did like he was told, buffed those shoes to a high mirror shine. The guard simply didn't notice. Neither did I... I mean, seriously, how often do you really look at a mans shoes? Andy crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want too. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile.

Andy Dufresne: [in letter to Red] Remember Red, hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies.

Red: [narrating] I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope.

is that beautiful guys??? Go and read the book or just log on the site to watch this great film..HOPE CAN SET YOU FREE.....

For me the message is clear - Sabar, never give up to work hard and never lose HOPE!

RELATED POSTS

0 comments